This summer soup was inspired by a recipe from Bea at La Tartine Gourmande, one of my favorite food bloggers. She originally made a “Coriander-flavored Carrot Mash with Coconut Milk”, which I adapted into this soup.
6-7 large carrots, peeled and largely chopped
2 tsp green curry paste
1/2 cup light coconut milk
4 tsp creme fraiche
Salt to taste
Chives for garnish
- Fill a medium-sized soup pot halfway with water. Add the green curry paste and carrots. Cook the carrots over medium heat, until they are very soft.
- Pour out most of the water from the pot, but keep about 1 cup of the cooking water with the carrots.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the carrots until they reach a smooth consistency.
- In order to reach an even smoother consistency, now pass the carrot puree through a food mill, at the finest setting.
- Mix the coconut milk into the carrot puree. Add salt to taste and chill the soup in the refrigerator until cold.
- Just before serving, garnish each bowl with a dollop of creme fraiche and a few sprigs of chives.