Tomorrow, Trevor and I finally leave for our long-awaited trip to Paris. We are so excited! This trip has been in the works since last summer (at least!), so our anticipation has been building up for quite a while! And to top it all off, we’ll be spending our first 5 days in Paris with two of our very good friends from San Diego. We rarely get to see them, so having them all to ourselves for 5 days straight will be quite a treat!
While we’re there, I’ll be posting food-related photos to fraises et tartines. I’ll also try to post some general photos and updates to the Olsen Family blog that I signed up for a while back, knowing that we would want a family blog someday, but left parked in cyberspace until now.
So, since this is a food blog, after all, I’m posting a “Foodie Top 10” for you.
Foodie Top 10: Things I’m looking forward to about Paris
10. Being totally jet-lagged, waking up at 5am, and walking down to the corner boulangerie to pick up a piping hot baguette and croissants for breakfast.
9. Going to the farmer’s market to buy some melon and asking for one “for today” and having the farmer choose a perfectly ripe melon.
8. Espresso at every corner.
7. Taking a picnic of baguette and rillettes to the Jardin de Luxembourg.
6. Nutella crêpes from the St. Michel crêpe stand.
5. Falafel for Sunday lunch in the Marais.
4. The incredible dairy section at any grocery store.
3. Being mesmerized by the selection at the cheese shop down the street from us. And then asking for a camembert, “bien prêt” (meaning, “ready,” which for a camembert means “soft & flavorful”).
2. Looking at, taking photos of, and eating delicious pastries, but especially…
1. …Macarons from Pierre Hermé and Ladurée!